Pages

Wednesday 28 August 2013

First Project Complete

Here it is, my first crochet project completed. A crochet hook case...!

Worked mainly in double crochet, so good practice. I think my tension got better as it progressed, still need to think about ends of rows (some are a little wobbly..!).
I forgot to sew the button on before dividing the bottom into pockets, which would have been easier.
I added the leaf & flower, to practice other stitches, from Sally Harding's book 'Crochet Step by Step' (pub. Dorling Kindersley).

The book, by the way, is what started this all off. There it was in a pile at work from 'The Book People' & I just happened to look & think 'mmhh that might be interesting, learning to crochet'. It was £4 so I bought it thinking 'well for only £4 if I don't use it, it'll not matter too much.

Now I think I'm hooked...!!

No comments:

Post a Comment