Pages

Wednesday 16 October 2013

Hats & Glasses


So....after crocheting several scarves now in 'straight lines', I thought I might attempt a little crocheting in 'round lines'. A colleague at work jokingly said about crocheting her a beanie, so I had a go....and here is the result....not 1, but 2 hats...! She was rather chuffed.
I've also just completed this rather pretty 'glasses case'. The pattern uses a much finer hook than I've been using so far and some simple alternative ways of working stitches (between stitches of the previous row and on top of rows) along with frequent colour changes to create the intricate looking effect.


I have also lined this with some spotty blue fabric, otherwise I thought the glasses might catch & snag on the inside, a bit fiddley but worth it.

No comments:

Post a Comment